Monday, January 5, 2009

pErcoLaTinG

{Nellie}...you make my mind work. Not an easy task. Every year she picks a word. One word to make herself a better person. Last year is was STAND (read her blog to learn more). This year it is DISCIPLINE. So, i have decided that this is a good thing. One word to make me think about me, who i am, what i want to {stand} for, and one word that will help me keep my focus for the year...
*definition of percolating: to become active, lively, or spirited
i have decided that my word is to be {ACTIVE}. This word encompasses both my physical and spiritual being. I have let myself slip in both and i can see and feel the difference. To be an ACTIVE person, for me, is to go back to the basics. That is why i {heart} teaching primary. i get it! i want to live an {ACTIVE} life...sometimes i feel like i am not a full participant. i am excited to start on my new journey...thanks nellie for getting my mind to percolate!

5 comments:

Nellie said...

YAE! i love your word! so fun talking to you tonight! i was missin' ya!
LOVE your pictures!!!! your family is so beautiful...xoxo.

Mandy said...

Summer I love this!! You are very inspiring it made me think of all the things I need to work on!! You are such a great person thank you for your example in my life! Love you

Mandy said...

I have been thinking about my word for this year and Well I have really been wanting to work on somethings and so I was thinking what is a word that could sum up everything. So I have come to the conclusion that my word is Selflessness. It is going to be hard but I am going to do it!! THanks for the challenge!! THanks for inviting me to the movies the other night soo fun! I am sorry that I bailed out at the end but I had the biggest headache I have ever had. I got to tell you how I got it it is a funny story!:) THanks again Summer and please call me again!! Love you

Chambrae said...

Great idea!! I love it. What a great way to motivate yourself. I may have to borrow it. Good luck!!

GiGi said...

great word, girlie. love it. another great "motion" word. :)